The last few days we, Corey mostly, have been building shelves in the storage room. It has been nice to get all the junk reorganized and gone through again. Last summer I was able to go to the cannery a lot so I needed a place to put my food storage. We also learned how to freeze corn, make jam, peaches and my all time favorite cinnomon pears. On Sunday the bishop gave us the get it done talk about being prepared. So with thing how they are we decided to put in the effort. I feel for anyone who has lost there job or are not working. Times are ruff. Corey has not really worked for about 3 months. Good thing we had a little something to keep us going. What would really be sad for me though is to know I could have had the thing I needed for my kids, but had just put it off. It is one thing for you to go with out, but totally different to watch your children suffer.
I know the end of the world is not coming tomorrow, but maybe we should live like it could be. I read a study somewhere about how people really go off the deep end or become saint like when told they only have some much time left. I think with our understanding of Heavenly father that being prepared our selves and making sure our families are prepared should be up on the priority list. The saying "live like you are dieing" is so true we are going to some time so why not raise the bar and be the best we can be now.
I talked to my Brother the other day about everyone moving into my house if we ever had to. We joked about where everyone would sleep and blah blah. In a way I think it would be wonderful to have the family altogether, everyone working together for one cause... Well I will end my preaching there, but I just thought I would share with you all what we have been up too. Good luck with the spring cleaning, and in my case priority reorganizing.



2 comments:
Ahh, the day we froze the corn . . . I think I still have some of that yummy goodness in the back of my freezer!
You're such a darling mom & wife. Thanks for reminding us all what is important & how to stay focused on the good things in life. Miss you tons! Wish I could have been there freezing corn with you too. Yum-EE! Love ya!
Post a Comment